Friday, June 11, 2010

Salsa

There is such a difference between homemade salsa and store bought. The freshness of homemade salsa is amazing! I have no clue why people buy that stuff in a jar when it is SO EASY to make your own. It is as simple as throwing a few items in a food process and pressing the button. That's it! Truthfully salsa is a method. Some people like it mild. Some like it hot. So how much you put in of your favorite ingredients is up to you. Here's how you do it. I got this recipe from my Aunt Connie, but I have adapted it for my family. This is my most requested recipe!

Ingredients:

*1 12 oz. can of tomatoes (I prefer fire roasted. The favor so much better!)
*1 tsp sugar
*1/2 or 1 tsp salt (to taste)
*1 clove garlic
*1/2 med. onion
*1-2 jalapenos (you can take out seeds and ribs if you don't like heat)
*1 tsp lime juice
*handful of cilantro (I love this stuff! If you're not a fan you can add parsley.)

Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, lime juice, cilantro in your food processor. Give a rough chop to the onion, garlic, and jalapenos just to help the processing a little. Then add those in. Put your lid on and pulse 4 or 5 times to get a chunkier consistency like my photo. Or if you like more of a smooth texture turn your processor on and let it run for a few seconds. I prefer it chunky, but make it your own. Enjoy. Happy eating!

No comments: